Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] wdcrockett@pcisys.net is offline

Default State of Our Ponds (SOOP)

On Jun 8, 8:27 am, mos wrote:
On Jun 8, 12:09 am, wrote:

What is the state of your pond, fellow and sister ponders? :-)

W Dale

Here in Philadelphia, we have had a few really hot days. The
hyacinths I "acquired" have righted themselves on their pontoons and
are reproducing. The water is clear-ish, the lilly is sending out
leaves and the lotus is sending up some growth. I have to lug that
pot over to the sunnier side, however I have alot of shade due to the
evergreen that umbrellas my entire yard. My squatter greenfrog either
moved on, or was eatten. I have 13 fish, comets and shubunkins of
varied sizes, and it seems to have been a stable count over the last
couple years. I love the lushness in the warm Springtime, it's very
calming.

Maureen

Excellent, Maureen!
And don't you just love the calm?? :-) We all hope to see pictures of
your pond one day.
Have a great weekend!
Dale