Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] wdcrockett@pcisys.net is offline

Default WAS:Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Now: found bulkhead parts

On Jun 8, 10:50 am, "Gareee©" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

HoooRAH!!!! for your first lily bloom! :-) I have a few buds coming
up but no flowers yet. Maybe by Sunday.

I was expecting some sooner, but I'm wondering if the lack of sunlight down
into the water has slowed thier growth some?

One can hope!
Glad to hear the bulkheads are working for you. I used ABS fittings
and couplings. Screwed them in to the Rubbermaid and they have worked
fine. VERY inexpensive! I will try to take some pics (I purchased my
very first point and shoot digital camera this year!) and post them on
http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/
Success to you!

Thanks. I'm using abs as well, since it's cast in black, and looks a bit
nicer then the gray electrical conduit. What did you use for
gaskets/sealant? I've got one gasket inside the tub, and two outside, and
I'm still getting a slight leak. I'll try adding a third outside today, and
see if that helps.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Hi Gary!

I used gaskets cut from pond liner. :-P Screwed (tightened) the ABS
fittings until the water stopped dripping/leaking. Has held up very
well for the past three season. Ever once in a while, I will notice
some dripping but it is only a drop or two every now and then and it
usually stops on its own. I don't really mind the occasional drip
drip drip as I am going to be water changes anyway (trying to reduce
hormones and improve mineral and water quality anyway).

Hope that helps. Oh, yes and if you really must have now drips, put
silicone on both sides of the gasket before you tighten them down.
That will stop any dripping.

Dale