Old 10-06-2007, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Aluckyguess Aluckyguess is offline

Default Volunteer tomatoes

I pulled most of my vounteer tomatoes this year. I did save some peppers. I
had a little pear at the end of last season that produced almost all winter
until the frost got it.Please post back on what they are.
Persephone wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 18:28:37 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote:

Alsmost always a Cherry tomato. Most Hybrids are mixed with some sort of
cherry tomato and they revert back.

I didn't know that about hybrids mixed with cherry tomatoes!

I suspect you're right about my volunteers. Will keep an eye on them
and post when fruit arrives.

Persephone

wrote in message
om...

They're coming up beside decorative plants in large pots.

Must have been seeds in the dirt I used to fill pots.

They seem very healthy -- almost more so than the ones
I painstakaking planted and labeled and transplanted and...

Be interesting to see what materializes down the line!

Persephone