Old 10-06-2007, 09:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
tenplay tenplay is offline

Default Emergency patching of brown area in lawn

We just found out that we have to sell our house by September because of
a job change. Our front lawn looks good except for a brown patch near
the street, which was caused by someone spilling a corrosive liquid on
it about a year ago. It is a fairly large 2 X 3 feet area. I thought
it might take care of itself with frequent watering but it still looks
bad after more than a year. What can I do to make the brown area green?
I live in Western Washington where we still have showers fairly
frequently. It seems late to plant grass seeds. I wonder if I should
cut out the brown area and replace it with sod. Thanks for any advice
or suggestions.