Old 10-06-2007, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Strange Weather?

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 13:33:14 +0200
"David \(Normandy\)" wrote:

I think April and June have got swapped somehow! I can't believe how
miserable June has been so far here.

I would agree with that, we returned this week from France, there was
not one day in the 10 days we were there when the sun shone!! My
husband is going back next week and what's the bet the sun will shine.

Judith

I hope you're right, we're fed up with this grey weather. The slugs and
snails seem to be enjoying it though. I've had to revert to the little blue
pellets :-(

Certainly sunny enough this morning, though I think we're in for a pretty
good boom this afternoon.

I will say that one amusing thing is how wrong meteofrance has been:
throughout the grey patch they kept insisting it was hot and sunny.

But a month of June like we had last year is definitely not normal for
the area. We should be getting that light misty rain -- la brume --
with a stiff west wind at least half the time in May/June. Often the
sun shows up around 4h30 for a few hours. That's what kept it so
green here. The brume really only clears out in July/August fully.

Just saw a report on the French news, the researchers at the CNRS
are saying that in 2100 Paris will have a climate about equivalent to
today's Rome. (Hence my grape vine fantasy; just as the Champagne
houses are currently buying land on the south downs.)

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom