Old 10-06-2007, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Strange Weather?

On Jun 10, 10:18 am, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
I will say that one amusing thing is how wrong meteofrance has been:
throughout the grey patch they kept insisting it was hot and sunny.

--
Emery Davis

Yes, the weather forecasters here seem to be as bad as in the UK.
My wife is always cursing them - she does the washing on the promise of good
drying weather, often for it to rain or be misty all day!
As you say - today looks like being a scorcher!
I see all the garden centres here sell grape vines - is that mainly for
ornamental reasons up the side of a South facing wall or in conservatories
or are they intended for planting outdoors for cropping? We've got climbers
of most varieties so am wondering about growing a grape or two up the old
barn.

David.

We are in the Auvergne, and when we bought the house it had a vine
growing up the front wall. We notice a lot of small vinyards around
here so we may well try a couple of new vines and I would have thought
you could well try your luck also on a South facing wall.

Judith