Old 10-06-2007, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Emergency patching of brown area in lawn

.... sounds right, or a can of green paint matched for color......
if you know what the corrosive liquid was you might be able to
neutralize it so the sod will live.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 00:02:41 -0800, tenplay wrote:

We just found out that we have to sell our house by September because of
a job change. Our front lawn looks good except for a brown patch near
the street, which was caused by someone spilling a corrosive liquid on
it about a year ago. It is a fairly large 2 X 3 feet area. I thought
it might take care of itself with frequent watering but it still looks
bad after more than a year. What can I do to make the brown area green?
I live in Western Washington where we still have showers fairly
frequently. It seems late to plant grass seeds. I wonder if I should
cut out the brown area and replace it with sod. Thanks for any advice
or suggestions.