Old 10-06-2007, 11:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default Pollinating happening without the bees

Johnny wrote:

Have yet to see first bee this season. Seems like a number of wasps
are buzzing around garden and apparently ants are pollinating my
squash and cucumbers and both seem to be doing well here in Atlanta.
Tomatoes planted mid March are bursting with fruit some of which are
about market size but still green. Good supply of bush beans are ready
every day.
Johnny

Great resource for gardening articles:
www.raised-garden-bed.com

An older guy at my in-law's retirement comm. keeps a lot of hives and is
seeing MASSIVE amounts of honey. No 'hive collapse' PLUS vastly
increased production.
Last year was drought conditions but so far thois year we've had a lot
of rain.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)