Old 10-06-2007, 08:24 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany
Radium Radium is offline

Default Why do ripe fruits - especially when canned - smell bad?

On Jun 10, 9:49 am, Bill Penrose wrote:

Okay, there's your answer. It is also true that food companies go to
some lengths to prevent these processes, so don't rule out the brain
tumor hypothesis either.

Ever since I was born, I've perceived the smell of ripe fruits to be
bad. Nothing has changed in terms of that. If I ever had a brain
tumor, the signs would show, and there would be other neurological
symptoms as well -- such as paralysis, involuntary movements, impaired
vision/hearing, visual/auditory hallucinations, impaired balance,
dizziness, vertigo, memory loss, false memories, distortion of
existing memories, loss of awareness, decreased level of
consciousness, alteration in sense of time, dissociative states,
tinnitus, etc.