Old 11-06-2007, 01:14 AM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Asperger's [was Why do ripe fruits - especially when canned - smell bad?]

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article .com,
Radium wrote:

On Jun 10, 4:20 pm, Ann wrote:

Fruit smells bad only to you.

Sour fruits don't smell bad. In fact, they smell delicious.

IMHO, there is nothing more appetizing than the fresh, delicious,
heavenly, bright, warm, cool, elastic, vibrating, buzzing, tingly,
rejuvenating, refreshing aroma of sour, organic, natural, pesticide-
free, red-&-green peaches right from the tree.

Compare the above paradise to the stench of yellow, squishy, sugary,
juiceless, starch-like, over-ripe peaches. EWWWWW! Stinky stinky
stinky.

Then just don't eat them for pity sakes!

I don't see what your issue is!

Everybody has individual tastes. Just go with what works for you.

Knowing the "chemical composition" is not going to change anything.

Have them up your meds.

Please.

Om,
remember the story of the tar-baby? The more Br'er Rabbit messed with
it, the worse it got. I think what we got here is a tar-baby. If you is
havin' fun, go ahead on, but if you t'aint, stop messin' wit it.

- Billy