Old 10-06-2007, 09:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] wdcrockett@pcisys.net is offline

Default State of Our Ponds (SOOP)

On Jun 10, 12:34 am, wrote:
storms came thru couple Thursday night. lights went off. pump quit and
wouldnt work. took it apart and found impeller cracked, but worse,
nose piece that hold the black nib on the impeller shaft had a piece
cracked off.... why the pump wouldnt work.
it is a pondmaster, find a site, ordered the part... next Tuesday or
Wednesday.
water going green, fish ****ed I am not feeding them began attacking
the lilies again.
I took some marine epoxy, the stuff comes in a tube, cut off enough,
roll the stuff around to blend the two parts, apply to stop leaks, is
waterproof. well I used this to build up the missing piece, put the
black nib in it, assembled the whole works waited 2 hours for it to
harden and it has been working fine for the last 12 hours or so. all
it has to do is hold up until the parts arrive.
the water is clear already..... hoo haa. I just love my pond at night
with the light shining under the lily and the fish doing their slow
pirouettes (sp?) while side lit, especially the long finned koi.
Ingrid

KUDOS!, Ingrid and well done!

I can imagine the fish as I am sure there are used to being pampered
by you! LOL I am glad you were able to get it all fixed up and
running again. Your repair will probably last all season too! :-)

Dale