Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default WAS:Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Now: found bulkhead parts

wrote in message
oups.com...

Outstanding, Gary!
Glad that is working out for you. I remember the first time I looked
at the cost of "real bulkheads" I bout had a heart attack! LOL That
is what caused me to look for options.
Success to you this ponding season! Remember to post pictures for us
to look at. :-)

I'm hoping I'll see things clear up.. as of yet, both the uv filter and the
particle filter seems to be having little effect, but then we have also had
full blazing sun every day the last week, so it's an uphill battle.

In a new filter situation clearing a pond in bad shape, how often should I
drain the filter out? I'm tempted to drain the pond down 30%, and add fresh
clear water, just so it at least looks like something's happening.. and
yeah, I know that adds more nutrients for the algea, but I have a feeling
it's already got plenty to chow down on.

I've got about 6 lilies, but only one is getting really large pads, and
various other plants in the pond to add some shade, but coverage is only
about 10-20%, far less then it needs to be in summertime.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)