Old 11-06-2007, 07:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Applying P & K

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

George.com wrote:

[...]

Look mate, we are talking fertilizer. We are talking PO4 -3 (phosphate,
not phosphorous which our military is keen on firing into highly
populated areas like Fallujah, which is a war crime because it kills
indiscriminately when it explodes into fire on contact with air. Do not
add phosphorous to your garden. ) Think, Rock Phosphate, Bone Meal,
Single Super Phosphate, or Triple Super Phosphate.

- Billy

Okay, here's an oddball question for you: can I use di-calcium phosphate
in the garden? I have a bunch of it, but the horse that I bought it
for (as a feed supplement) died. (He was in his 30's.)

I tried looking it up and couldn't find anything.

I'm using codfish bonemeal right now. Stinky stuff, but the organic
diva next door swears by it.

TIA,

Jan

"Civilization is the interval between Ice Ages." -- Will Durant.