Old 11-06-2007, 09:38 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP 01 View Post
Hello..this is my first post on this Forum so hello to everyone..lovely weather down here in the South of England.

Just wondering if anyone on the Forum can identify this plant..it is an extremely rapid growing plant and resides in the bottom right hand corner of our garden..my wife and I just cannot identify it..the pictures are taken within 2 days of one another and this indicates how rapid growing it is. Thanks for any replies.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1170/...267eed24_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1329/...c8eed448_b.jpg
Which one are we looking at? The evergreen shrub at the back is "laurel". The aroids in the midground are, from what I can see of them, Dracunculus vulgaris, but it would be easier if we see the whole plant - the stem has a characteristic mottled appearance. Google it and you'll see what it should look like. The flowering shrub in the foreground, I can't tell.