Old 11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
JP 01 JP 01 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
Which one are we looking at? The evergreen shrub at the back is "laurel". The aroids in the midground are, from what I can see of them, Dracunculus vulgaris, but it would be easier if we see the whole plant - the stem has a characteristic mottled appearance. Google it and you'll see what it should look like. The flowering shrub in the foreground, I can't tell.
Echinosum..many thanks for identifying the plant (sorry for not being more specific as to what plant we was looking at) as you say it is the Dracunculus Vulgaris and as you suggested have Googled it and now have plenty of info on it..must say it is not the nicest looking plant in the garden..but it is certainly unusual to say the least..thanks once again for your help on that.