Old 11-06-2007, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Webster[_3_] Jim Webster[_3_] is offline

Default Push mowers - am I deluded!?

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:58:45 GMT, Rick wrote:

Hello, group.

First post here. I live in North Hampshire in a Victorian terrace with,
to judge from the "finds" recently dug up, a Victorian garden too!

Last weekend we laid a small lawn where once there was a patio,
and it seems to being doing well, so we'll be needing a mower soon.

Perhaps it's turning 40, perhaps is something else, I don't know, but
I find myself wanting a push-mower instead of a 20-quid electrified
plastic wonder from the orient. This is despite the warnings of others
that they're hard to push, you can't cut wet or long grass with them
and they leave "tram lines" in the grass.

Am I being naive in believing that modern contactless mowers (that'll
be the Brill, then) are actually easy to use and functional, or are my
advisers (that'll be the in-laws, then) right?

Any anecdotes or experiences of these modern push mowers would be
gratefully received.

Cheers,

Sadly the quality of the, hard to fund, push mower leaves a lot to be
desired as well these days, but they do work very well in the cutting
department.