Old 11-06-2007, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rick H Rick H is offline

Default Push mowers - am I deluded!?

adder1969 wrote:

When you say "push" do you mean a push-powered cylinder
mower? ...and when you say "contactless" do you mean hover type??

Hi,

I mean an unpowered non-electric, non-petrol,
you-pushing-it-along-makes-the-blades-spin type.
It's difficult to come up with a concise term
to describe such mowers, as they seem to get
called all manner of things; manual, push,
hand-push, reel, old-fashioned...

By "Contactless" I mean that the blades miss the
bed knife, apparently making such mowers easier to
push than your grandfather's mower whilst remaining
effective.

Cheers,

--
Rick