Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default WAS:Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Now: found bulkhead parts

"~ jan" wrote in message
http://webpages.charter.net/gareee/Pond.jpg

That is really looking nice, even green, the surroundings, the arbor
swing,
I really like that.

Thanks. As you can see, the ground itself is pretty sloped, so we had to
build up the lower part to make a pond, or we would have had to dig the pond
4 feet deeper at the right hand side.. and we were hitting pretty big almost
unmovable rocks in some cases.

Btw, instead of a 30% water change all at once, it isn't the nutrients, it
is the imbalance that can produce more green water. Better would be to
trickle water in slowly and let it over flow, or do a 10% water change
once/day.

Heck, I have to do that anyway with the high heat, lack of rain, and
evaporation.

I'd say we are loosing about 10-20% every 2 weeks easily, with the full sun
we are getting.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)