Old 11-06-2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default How old is your oldest fish?

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:58:13 CST, earhtmother
wrote:

I live in Gravenhurst ON, Z3 and have a 15' x 21' x 3/3.5' pond that
gets a good layer of ice on it every winter and I always have fish &
fry that winter over from 2-8" in length. I know of others who have
smaller ponds and notice that depth seems to be the deciding factor as
much as width & length. I know from talking to one of the pet store
owners here that she has a preform KOI pond that she overwinters every
year , as opposed to bringing in, and some of her koi are now huge.
As for ice fishing have never really enjoyed that, heated hut is nice,
but warm crackling fire is much better.

Elaine

Hi Elaine, :-)

What do you do to keep an opening in the ice for gas/O2 exchange?
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us