Old 11-06-2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Lilly barely hanging on.

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

It's not that I'm particularly attached to this plant, but I feel like
there's something wrong with me if a 40 year old can't keep one potted
plant alive.

Mike

In other words, you're using a method known as guesswork, which is rarely
successful with plants. I'd suggest that any time you buy a plant, you keep
a record of all information on the plant tag, head to the library, and read
about the plant. The care info on the tags is always incomplete, and only
marginally accurate.

Joe, why disparage the advice given, unless you have better advice for
here and now? Next time doesn't help Mike now. Your advice reminds me of
the story about the airliner that was flying into Seattle in the fog
when its navigational equipment failed.

The pilot flew the plane below the fog and saw a guy sitting next to an
open window. The pilot shouted,"Where am I?" The man shouted back,"Your
in a plane". Where upon the pilot banked hard to the left and a couple
of minutes later was lining up the runway to land.

The co-pilot was stunned. He asked the pilot with amazement, how he knew
where to go. The pilot said," The information that the man gave me was
completely correct and totally useless, so I knew I was at the MicroSoft
Support Building";-)

You gave good information but as far as trying to save the plant, it
wasn't relevant.

- Bill