Old 12-06-2007, 12:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lilly barely hanging on.

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

It's not that I'm particularly attached to this plant, but I feel like
there's something wrong with me if a 40 year old can't keep one potted
plant alive.

Mike

In other words, you're using a method known as guesswork, which is rarely
successful with plants. I'd suggest that any time you buy a plant, you
keep
a record of all information on the plant tag, head to the library, and
read
about the plant. The care info on the tags is always incomplete, and only
marginally accurate.

Joe, why disparage the advice given, unless you have better advice for
here and now? Next time doesn't help Mike now. Your advice reminds me of
the story about the airliner that was flying into Seattle in the fog
when its navigational equipment failed.

Since nobody knows:

-The type of lilly
-The size of the pot
-How much water it was given
- How much of what type of fertilizer it was given...

.....very little of the advice given so far is truly useful. One thing is
true, though: Society, in general, has lost track of books. That is so
wrong, especially for gardeners.