Old 11-06-2007, 08:35 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article ,
wrote:

not citric acid, not electron transport. use first stage of light
reaction in photosynthesis. H2O + photon -2 H+ and electrons and O

You mean
2 H2O + 2 NADP+ + 2 ADP + 2 Pi + light -- 2 NADPH + 2 H+ + 2 ATP + O2 ?
That is a mess of wet chemistry, you have in mind guy/girl.
Another way would be, by definition an acid releases H2 when it comes in
contact with a metal (yeah, there are a few exotics, but hyronium donors
do) but then there is the problem of all that acid sloshing around in
the vehicle. Seems to me, photovoltaic and a battery would be more
practical. Even more practical would be the electric plug in vehicle.
For the real hard core, we could go back to the Stanely Steamers. Then
Frag could just dry out some pasture pastries, toss 'em in the burner,
and sail off down the road. No fossil fuel. Might smell a little funky
though.

I think I have a recent article around here, some where, on H2 storage.
Lemme git back to ya.

- Billy

I am thinking more about make the hydrogen as you go AND have some
kind of storage for the hydrogen that is more stable, like H2CO3 =
H+ and HCO3. The actual electrons are what fuels ATP production
during the light cycle so electrons can be stored.
Ingrid

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:10:13 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:
If you are planing on using the Citric Acid Cycle
H2 + O2 is a great source for energy but I don't think you want a
pressurized cylinder of it under the back seat of your car.