Old 12-06-2007, 04:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Treedweller Treedweller is offline

Default combating inchworms on plum trees

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:29:08 -0700, Tater wrote:

anyone have some suggestions? I wish to use the plums, so I'd prefer
something not too nasty

spray with Bt (Bacillus thurengiensis), available in most any garden
center. When the worms eat it with the leaves, the bacteria kills
them. It is safe for people, but it affects all worms/caterpillars,
so be careful not to spray it where you don't need it.

Keith Babberney
ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT