Old 12-06-2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Lemon Balm

On Jun 11, 6:23 pm, Billy Rose wrote:
Anybody grow lemon balm before? Did yours have some pink leaves and
stems that were pink at their base? Did the lemon balm have a distinct
lemon flavor when it was small?

- Billy

Billy
Yes I grow Lemon Balm, or rather, it grows itself. It's been over 10
years since I actually planted it, and it comes up someplace in the
garden every year.

I have never seen any pink on it at all, not on leaves nor stems.
Yes, it has a lemon flavor, but mostly a very distinct lemon odor when
the leaves are crushed (even when it's just a tiny seedling) That's
the
way I identify it early on. Very pleasant and fresh scent.

Emilie