Old 30-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Keith Stelter

Default Advice on Sears lawn tractor

Craftsman tractors used to be better than the other "store brands". But in
the last 10 years or so they have dropped in quality down to the level of
the ones that you buy at Kmart. Of course I don't have any factual data on
this. Just a lot of input from friends that have bought them.
I'm a Cub Cadet man myself and would buy a good used Cub for $1,200.00
before I would buy a new "store brand" tractor for the same money.
That being said, $1,200.00 for a new, 20 HP tractor of ANY brand is a GREAT
price!

"Mike" wrote in message
I am about to purchase a brand new Sears lawn tractor, Craftsman 20HP with

42" mower deck for $1200.00 (US) It is a Briggs and Stratton twin

cylinder
overhead valve engine. I have just less then 1 acre of land, I know this

is
much more then I need but sounds like a great deal.

Just wondering if anyone may have good or bad experience with Sears

tractors
or the same engine. It is a 6 speed transmission. Sears is having a
special for $1200.00.

Any feedback on this tractor or even any other Sears Lawn tractors would

be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike