Old 12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Roj47 Roj47 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrammer View Post
How's about a Silver Birch instead of the Chestnut or Oak? And yes the Laburnum is poisonous so why not try a lilac tree? Similar size, similar floweing period and completely reliable. And one more idea, why not a Japanes Maple (acer) instead of one of the trees. They come in all sizes and thrive in partial shade, protected from high winds. I can suggest web pages with pics for the lilac and acer if you want.
Apologies for the slow reply. I have not been able to log on for some reason.

Many thanks for the suggestions, and will certainly review the horse chestnut (curse the nuts breaking my windscreen in the future ).

The laburnum I trust would be fine as the children are teenage, and if they do not know now after being told.....

Regards

Also now considering a camellia japonica (had to get that off the net LOL)