Old 12-06-2007, 01:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dkhedmo dkhedmo is offline

Default lots of compost questions

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
dkhedmo said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Head to the nearest bait store and get a couple containers of red wigglers.
=)

HTH

Thanks so much for the quick, detailed reply! I just saw a bait vending
machine somewhere recently, now where the heck was I when I saw it???
Anyway, lots of anglers around here, bait's easy to find.

Thank you!

You're welcome.

I should have also added that with the exception of the eggshells, stay
away from any other "animal" products. Use only plant materials. You
probably already know that, but I try to remember to never assume anything.

Happy composting. =)

We're vegetarian anyway, but yes, I do know know to avoid putting
anything with dairy on it in the compost.

I'm very interested to see how much less garbage will be going out to
the curb each week. Our company provides these gigantic trash cans,
which we fill maybe half way, and little bins for the recycling that are
always overflowing for us. I had to beg them to give me an extra
recycling bin. Meanwhile, my neighbors never put out recycling and their
garbage can is always spilling over.

Anyway, thanks!

-K-