Old 12-06-2007, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Jasmine plants what to feed them with?

"Space" wrote in message
I've looked on Google but can't find an answer to my question.

I have two new jasmine plants, one planted in the ground, and one in a
container. Both planted out about 6 weeks ago. They are both growing

well
but I cannot see the start of any flower buds. On Google I see different
flowering times. Some sites say flowers from June and some say July.

What should I feed them? I have been using miracle gro (but not as often

as
I should of). Would they like a tomato feed instead?

Jasmines flower best on the ends of shoots coming from older wood, feeding
them lots will not make them flower more, but as a general rule, tom
fertilizer is better for flower than the others.
Jasmines flower best in good light so avoid too much shade especially from
overhanging trees, and a hot place such as near a wall can help, other than
that leave them alone!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk