Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Propagating hardy geraniums

"Alla Bezroutchko" wrote in message
I have planted some hardy geraniums - "Jolly Bee" and "Johnson's Blue"
and I love them and want more of them in my garden. From what I read,
the usual way of propagating is division. My plants are not big enough
for division - is it possible to propagate them by cuttings or by seeds?
If so, when and how?

Another question, can anyone recommend white, pink or purple hardy
geraniums? Now I've got blue ones, I want other colours too. Do they
really keep flowering all through the summer?

Thanks.

Alla.

The two you named can only be done from cuttings or division, there are a
number of methods for doing it but I have found cuttings work best early in
the season and in a mist unit. seed is ok only for the species or when you
do not mind what you get!
The flowering period varies from plant to plant but nearly all the better
known geraniums are great garden plants and I do not think I could cope with
out them as they are also good ground coverers.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk