Old 12-06-2007, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default new idea for barrier to stop slugs

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 1 Jun, 08:32, T i m wrote:
Maybe I could solder a single hoop of wire to the coil top / bottom to
finish it off?

All sounds so so complicated. I've used copper rings for years now.
Every year I've bought some

Expensive though - Spouse makes me them from reclaimed copper. why are you
not surprised? :-)

and I've now got enough to protect my
young seedlings and then move them about for the new one as I go
along. I've used copper strips with sticky back on pots and trough and
even on canes. It really works.

Oh it works!

A friend has bought herself some
copper hand tools (for the magnetism it gives to the soil

???

Copper is not magnetic!

... . However, if
your plant hangs out of the loop, you'll provide a bridge for slugs
and snails,

Yes, they're intelligent.

Mary