Old 12-06-2007, 11:39 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Davy Davy is offline

Default Mosquito Larvae

I have been advised that I need some fish in my deliberately fishless
wildlife pond to control the mosquitoes. My neighbour has offered
sticklebacks. But now, probably because of the lack of fish, I have very
large numbers diving beetles and water boatmen on the surface - which I
would guess would eat any larvae.

I would rather not have fish cos I don't want have to have pumps and filters
etc. Anyone any experience of how well my predatory insects might control
mosquitoes?

thanks

Davy