Old 30-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Frogleg

Default Big old ivy patch, physical removal methods requested

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 14:01:57 GMT, "Robert Gray"
wrote:

I did this on a large scale last fall. I had ignored the ivy in my front
yard for 5 or 6 years and it was taking over. It had grown 50 ft up a dozen
old trees and it had spread in an area about 30' x 80' (2400 sq ft). Now, it
is completely gone and the area is wood chipped.

excellent description of methods and procedure snipped

Congratulations, Robert! Your precise description of the various
stages of cleanup was most helpful. If only I'd read your post
yesterday when it was sunny, warm gardening weather. Now I'm all
inspired, and there's north wind howling, and it's 30 degrees cooler
with rain peridically coming down sideways (and a possibility of
*snow* tonight). Guess I'll go back and save your post for the next
good gardening day. :-)