Old 12-06-2007, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Lemon Balm

In article ,
Kay Lancaster wrote:

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.gardens.]
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:23:12 -0700, Billy Rose wrote:
Anybody grow lemon balm before? Did yours have some pink leaves and
stems that were pink at their base? Did the lemon balm have a distinct
lemon flavor when it was small?

Pinkish when stressed. Lemon flavor more pronounced when growing a bit
on the dry side. Quite invasive. I used to plant it under the hose bibb
so it'd get stepped on regularly -- kept it in check a bit. g

Kay

OK, OK, I get the drift. I'm already battling spear and pepper mint.
During tis time of the year, I use the to flavor the pitcher of cold
water in the fridge. I put in a big wad and it flavors the water for
about 3 days before it loses its' freshness.

I can see that it would be best to re-pot what I've planted and decide
later, what our relationship is going to be.

Thanks for the heads up.

- Billy