Old 12-06-2007, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Petrol lawn mower - auto cut out

"Paul" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm thinking of buying a petrol mower & don't really want to pay more
than £300.

Am I right in thinking that without the "roto-stop" or "auto-brake"
feature (which only seems to appear on models of £450+) then whenever
I stop to empty the grass box the engine will need re-starting?
=======

Restarting the mower isn't so bad - as long as the grass box works well. The
mower I have won't fill the box more than a third full so I spend more time
stopping, removing, emptying the box, refitting and restarting ...than I do
actually cutting the grass.

See how fast you can take the bag on and off in the shop. Anything fiddly
will be a pain really quickly.