Old 13-06-2007, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

Presently, wind, photovoltaic, and hydro power (including tides) is too
little and more expensive than fossil fuel (if you don't count the
social impact of global warming i.e. our extinction). Someone must have
forgotten to tell the international consortium that is constructing a
fusion reactor in France that Dave said it couldn't be done. Scrubbing
smoke stacks with water and calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)2 gives you calcium
carbonate and water. Chalk, Dave, chalk doesn't sound so polluting, does
it?

I vote we try for geothermal.
Why can't we harvest volcanos? :-)

Hydroelectric building dams is not a bad idea either, but there goes the
environmental impact again...

Let's outlaw incandescent lightbulbs while we are at it!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.