Old 30-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Frogleg

Default Water Restrictions

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:52:09 -0700 (MST),
(George) wrote:

In metro Denver.......No watering except for trees and shrubs. Fines to
$500 apply. Reservoirs are at 43% capacity and dropping. There goes my
garden for this year. I'll set out a few tomato plants and hope for
rain, but if it's anything like last year, it's futile. Reminds me of
1933.

Do you have municipal recycling? Our guidelines say something about
'rinsed' containers. So I filled up my 1-ltr soda bottles with water
and 'rinsed' them on my tomato and basil plants before putting them
into the recycling bin during severe restrictions last year.

see:
http://www.water.denver.co.gov/

It appears that hand-watering of veg and flower gardens is permitted
"(with positive shutoff nozzle or drip irrigation only)" as of
October, 2002.

I'm really curious about the gray-water thing. I don't know about
Denver, but where I live, the sink, toilet, and tub, and washing
machine all eventually go into a common sewer drain. How on earth is
shower water separated from raw sewage?