Old 13-06-2007, 05:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
P Max P Max is offline

Default Dendrobium cucumerinum x 2

Nor any bench of orchids, John!
Rat shot is a choice that some people opt for, Kye. A friend near Ballarat
uses ratshot in his orchid house. He has a rat problem from time to time.
The rats chew into the pseudobulbs and munch the developing tender spikes /
flowers.
Peter

--
)
"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Either way, there would certainly be no mealy bugs left!

John

"Kye" wrote in message
That depends on whether you would be using bird shot or a larger calibre
I suppose...

Kye.

"P Max" wrote in message
A shotgun blast might have been overkill, Steve!
Cheers,
Peter

--
)
"Steve" wrote in message

Well...... that looks a LOT safer for the plant than what I was
considering. ;-)

Steve

Sorry Steve, local marketing lingo! See link.
Peter
http://www.yates.com.au/Products/Pes...caleGunRTU.asp

-- ) "Steve" wrote in
message ...

P Max wrote:

I'm sure the bugs have been eyeing off those succulent roots,
Dave. I
have a mealy bug attack at present. The paphs and phals have been
particularly targeted. Have been busy with the scale gun - claims
to harm
mealy bugs.
Peter

Ummmmm.... Sorry to be a full month late reading this but, what is a
scale
gun? Oh sure, I've considered using a shotgun to get rid of scale
once
and for all. Who hasn't?

Steve