Old 13-06-2007, 05:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default OT - Out of Africa

Thanks Nick. The first shot was on the right side, just behind the
leg. Got both lungs and the heart. The exit is what is visible in
the pic. Got a zebra, impala and warthog as well.

Jim

On Jun 12, 5:21 pm, Nick Cramer wrote:
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

My son and I spent the last 10 days in South Africa, where we hunted
and I spent some time speaking to pastors and congregational members
about crisis, trauma and grief.

I had hoped to have a look at some ponds and lakes there.
Unfortunately, it is the middle of thier dry season (winter!). The
lakes and ponds were very low.

It is hard to believe how beautiful the country is! Fields, hills,
some mountains. The great herds of game are now much fewer and, in
many areas, restricted to very large ranch/preserves (5000-100,000
acres...mostly larger than the normal territory of the game itself.

Here is a link to a pic of the result of my gemsbok hunt.

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...attach/7fd0055...
1ae8e/IMG_0158.jpg?part=2&view=1

Nice pic, Jim. Looks like a clean shot, too!

~Semper Fi~- Hide quoted text -