Old 13-06-2007, 01:37 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article , Persephone
wrote:

Industrial hemp might be the answer.

My credentials: Your correspondent hasn't smoked a joint since the
60's-that-were-really-the-70's. I have no illusions that growing
hemp would turn everybody on; in fact what you'd have to go through to
get high on industrial hemp doesn't bear examining g.

Not many people know that Industrial Hemp is NOT the same thing as
recreational pot. Nowhere near. Anyone that has bothered to do the
research would know that.

It has a million and one uses. 1 acre of IH supposedly creates the same
amount of usable cellulose as 10 acres of forest. It is good for fabric,
paper, fuel and oil, as well as a food source from the seeds.

You can thank Dupont for being one of the major players in getting it
outlawed.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.