Old 13-06-2007, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Propagating hardy geraniums

"Alla Bezroutchko" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham wrote:
The two you named can only be done from cuttings or division, there are a
number of methods for doing it but I have found cuttings work best early
in
the season and in a mist unit. seed is ok only for the species or when
you
do not mind what you get!

Thanks, Charlie. I suppose I'll have to stick with divisions.

Many Geraniums divide very very easily. If you want to try out dividing
with a very forgiving plant, dig up a well established Geranium early in the
season (say late April) and you can end up with dozens of little plants.
Those that divide easily are even a little invasive (nothing nasty but they
like to spread out).

Des

Alla.