Old 13-06-2007, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Laurel Hedge

Charlie Pridham writes

"Kroma" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

A couple of months ago I cut back my Laurel 'hedge' in both height and
depth. All was well until this week - I thought it was getting some new
leaves but, upon close inspection I see that many of the leaves are

turning
white and/or brown and shrivelling up.

You can see examples in some photos I have taken:

http://tinyurl.com/2pgsya

Can anybody shed any light on what is going here?

Thanks in advance,

Kroma

PS I *think* it's a laurel! It was here when I moved in 2 years ago and

has
been healthy up to now.

Your laurel will grow out of it, it is just a spot of mildew.

Possibly because the ground is a bit dry at the moment.
--
Kay