Old 13-06-2007, 02:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Default Dendrobium cucumerinum x 2

Bandicoots or possums Dave???

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Hmmm! A cousin of mine on a farm up north has a ground level covered
patio on
his house. His wife has garden beds just outside the patio. Bandicoots
were
getting into her gardens at night & uprooting plants, so he sat on the
patio one
night with his 12g shotgun. Got the bandicoot all right. Bits of it
backscattered all over the patio & the ceiling over it. Says it took ages
clean up, & wife demanded future bandicoots be trapped, not shot.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 04:19:51 GMT, "P Max"
wrote:

Nor any bench of orchids, John!
Rat shot is a choice that some people opt for, Kye. A friend near Ballarat
uses ratshot in his orchid house. He has a rat problem from time to time.
The rats chew into the pseudobulbs and munch the developing tender spikes
/
flowers.
Peter

Dave Gillingham