Old 13-06-2007, 08:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default orchid roots

I just returned from a business trip, so sorry if this is late, but I have a
vanda in the GH that is totally unpotted, hanging from a wire.

The roots that grew last year sort of stopped over the winter. This spring
they all stated to branch like crazy. The "old part" greens up rapidly when
sprayed, the new growth does not.

From that, what do we speculate?

"danny" wrote in message
Someone in our local society mentioned that the water temperature can have
a big effect on how quickly the roots turn green. He said warmer water
turns them green faster.
-danny