Old 14-06-2007, 01:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

Default cat remedy

"Geoff & Heather" wrote in message
u...
My Dad used to tell a great story about when he was plagued with cats. he
was an amateur radio enthusiast and in those days radios were built with
Vacuum tubes and valves which ran off incredibly high voltage and
reasonable amperage, so the trick was a sheet of wire mesh with a bowl of
milk in the middle - one wire from the power supply on the wire one in the
milk. Cat completes the circuit , shoots six feet in the air, hair
standing on end and blue flames coming out its ears - comes down stiff as
a board. Claims he got 6 in one night, but by the time the 4th one
approached, his mate was hysterical with laughter and missed the last 3.

Gee and I have an old Kreisler valve job sitting in the laundry (still works
radio that is) only 35 years old. Damn feral got into my blood & bone the
other night but have not been able to get any mince I would eat so it lives
a bit longer.