Old 13-06-2007, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Laurel Hedge

" writes
This happens every July when ours is cut back, it always recovers and
grows back twice as thick within a month. We have ours professionally
cu; it borders the front and one side of the property and it's quite a
big job. The gardener got blisters on his hands last year after
cutting it and this year he wore tough gloves, I belive there is
something nasty in the sap?

I've just had to do some major cutting back of a laurel tree. The smell
of marzipan was quite strong ;-)
--
Kay