Old 14-06-2007, 05:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Bhut jolokia pepper seeds

In article .com,
"
wrote:

I was curious if i should buy these seeds from a local grower since
the seeds would come from plants already growing in my climate and
may be more acclimatized than buying them overseas with a different
climate. I'm in Southern Calif. I think its too late to plant them now
so will have to wait until next year.

If you are costal southern California, these peppers may even be
perennial in your region. Heck, harvest would start in Oct. If you have
the seeds already, give it a go.

Last year I grew me a 2 year supply of habaneros from 6 plants. Growing
Ja-lap-pen-noz this year. Less heat, better flavor but then, I always
work in a little of last year's heat.

- Bill