Old 14-06-2007, 04:03 AM posted to austin.gardening
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Environment

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 02:29:39 GMT, jOhN
wrote:

Speaking of vitex - I have a big one right behind a medium large mimosa
that catch the sun at the end of the day. When flowering, like now, the
colors glow brilliantly and compliment each other quite well. It was
dumb luck on my part planting them in that location but I was running
out of room elsewhere - a theme becoming more common on this group :-(

I have a mimosa in a pot for two years now with nowhere to plant it. I
think I've come up with an answer. When I first moved to Texas I
thought those purple foliaged, non-fruiting plum trees would do well.
I miss my red maples, what can I say.

So, anyhoo, I happen to have that planted next to the vitex. My
husband asked if I'd want to cut that tree down since it is pretty
mangy by mid-summer. I think I'll do that. Cut it down and plant the
mimosa there. Thanks for the idea! One less pot to water, only 40 to
go!

On another note, we had to replace two lights in the pool and the guy
who came laughed because he too is a gardener. He said he felt like
he was in South America. He's pretty close, as most of what I grow is
marginally South American.

night to all,
Victoria