Old 14-06-2007, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Beans

Hi all, my first visit to .gardening.

I have a long trough into which I planted a small number [7 or 8 I
think] of dwarf runner beans. I have protected with chicken wire and
provided a plastic mesh for them to climb when they decide to do so. A
couple of them seem to have started out well, but then faded for no good
reason that I can see. I have kept them watered in the dry spell and
the netting and wire keep the squirrels and birds off as far as I can
see.

Any ideas? Should I pull the faded plants up to prevent possible damage
to the others, most of which, well now only about 4 or 5 appear to be
doing quite well?

TIA

--
Beryl