Old 14-06-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default OT Out of Africa

In article .com,
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

I am sorry if the hunting pic hs been offensive to some of rpm.

I share the view that it is fine for us to have some OT posts about
activities...or I would not have posted.

Additionally, I do not want to have a post be unnecessarily offensive
or too prolonged.

In particular, I don't want to have a post about an activity become a
matter of substantial controversy. That shifts the forum from a pond
discussion group with various social elements to a group for debating
hunting. I am cheerful to move further discussion of hunting off the
board. We would benefit by not having a notice thread become a focus
of debate or controversy.

Jim

OT is fine, but we need to be aware of sensitive issues. My fish are my
pets, too.
I also work in the Pet Industry (I designed and am co-managing
PetSource.org - We also hope to expand our Aquatic area soon to include
all things related to ponds).
Content is being updated daily for our hard launch in July.