Old 14-06-2007, 09:58 PM posted to austin.gardening
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Environment

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:38:11 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

Vines or bushes?

Brugmansia is not a vine, it is a small tree. In the high mountains
of Peru they get 20 feet tall or more, loaded with tons of beautiful
trumpets facing downward.

What vine are you talking about?

Try taking the Vitex to a nursery and do some horse trading?
I used to do that with Lemon Balm. I could probably do it with catnip,
but I end up using too much of it. We have several cats and I give a lot
away to other cat owners since mine is grown with no pesticides.

Yes, I do sell to The Natural Gardener, The Great Outdoors, and Barton
Springs.

I want to start a collection of Daturas.

I used to collect them. I have D.metel, D.inoxia, D.wrightii out in
the garden now. They need a bit more water than I'd like them to
need, but will wilt during heat of the day and plump up at night. They
wilt on purpose. All nightshades have this ability. They also
re-seed readily.

I have planted Mexican oregano. I don't have enough sun any more.